Tuesday 1 October 2013

CONVENTIONAL ELEMENT AND INNOVATIVE IDEA (DIGIPAK CONCLUSION)

The digipaks that I looked which were of the same genre to mine had continuity in the them and they all had elements in it that follows the codes and conventions of rock. They were all done in different ways and that is because they are just fro their fans.

The Avenged Sevenfold digipak I analysed was the one that stood out the most and that digipak is only for the fans that know what the band is about and would be the only ones that will be able to recognise that the digipak id from that band.

I also liked the way Bullet for my valentine's digipak was done. This was done in a way that told a story. The front cover is the picture of an abandoned house with crows flying around and the clock on the top of the house looked like it was hot at. It goes very well with the idea of the album and the songs in the album. The album was based on the song "scream aim fire" and the clock looked like it was shot at. That scene continued inside the house. The crows were still flying around and then the side cover is like a door that opens to reveal the band members.

The digipak I chose for My chemical romance is one the three they released. This is very different to how other bands release their digipaks. They have 3 different digipaks for one album, the black parade album. This idea of marketing is very creative and that is something I want to do to my digipak.

Another band that did a similar type of marketing with their digipak is 30 seconds to mars. The band has a symbol that the fans identify with and that logo which is called a "triad" was made into puzzle pieces and and part of the pieces was put into a digipak. The fans have to buy all the digipaks to get the complete picture. This is something I want to do with my digipak. I will make my symbol into puzzle pieces and put them across certain digipaks. 
The idea of the symbol wasn't inspired by this band but by a lot of bands of the same genre to mine. Most of those bands have a symbol that their fans identify with. In an odd way it brings the fans closer together.

After looking at the digipack analysis from other teams in my class did. I got an idea form one of the digipak. There was a picture of a man holding a picture and the picture was the complete part of a boy, it was half real half fake and I taught that was really cool. So I was to incorporate that into my digipak, I want either my band mate or me or just half of the picture to be fake and the other half real. This will convey the idea of the music video because in the music video the rest of the band are not real but to me they are real. This is been seen also in the digipak but the only difference is that the audience will not be able to tell which of them is real or which of them is not real just from looking at the digipak, they will have to watch the music video to be able to tell. That will be another aspect of marketing I will use.

I also decided to use a scene form the actual music video for the track list. I decided to use the the suicide scene when I cut my wrist and the blood drips into a paper with the band name on it. But in the digipak the blood will drip and form the track list.

No comments:

Post a Comment