Wednesday 11 September 2013

RESEARCH ON RECORD LABELS & FINAL CHOICE

I have looked at a number of record labels that have signed bands with the same genre to mine. After looking at them I decide to choice four that I felt would be more likely to sign my band and the four I felt will be most favourable to my band.

WARNER BROS RECORDS


Warner Bro. Records is an American Record label that was founded in 1958 by Jack Warner. It maintained a close relationship with its former parent, Warner Bros. Pictures. The label has grown over the years, form a struggling minor record label to one of the top recording labels in the world.
They have signed bands like Avenge Sevenfold, My Chemical Romance, Goo goo Dolls and Metallica.





EPITAPH RECORDS

This is an independent record label owned by Bad Religion's guitarist Brett Gurewitz. Its was initially created to sell Bad Religion's record but it then grew into an independent record label.
They have signed bands like Bring me to the Horizon, Dropkick Murphey and Falling in reverse.







REPUBLIC RECORDS

Republic records is a flagship record label of Universal Music Group, Originally founded as Cheese Factory Records. After Motown Records was separate from Universal Motown Records that caused the Universal Motown Republic Group  to shutdown, the label has been reincarnated into Universal Republic Records, until the label was re-activated after one year.
They have signed bands like Black Veil Brides and Afi.

FEARLESS RECORDS

This is an alternative rock-oriented record label that was founded in 1992. It is best know for its earliest pop punk movements captured in the fearless flush sampler and punk bites releases, as well as additional releases by bands such as Bigwig, Get Scared, For all those sleeping, Alesana,MAyday Parade, Pierce the Veil, Bless the fall, A sky at drive and Lost prophets.  








I decided that Fearless Records will be the record label that will sign my band because they have signed more bands that are of similar genre to mine and that mostly sign puck, emo and hard rock bands and I think that the combination of these other bands will be a positive effect on my band.

No comments:

Post a Comment